Keihan Chicken Soup is a yummy, rich soup containing fragrant staples like flower-shaped carrot slices, orange zest and whole grain brown rice.
- Cooked brown rice, 1 cup
- Baked moist pulled chicken, white and dark meat, 1 cup
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange/lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons Tamari sauce
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 cube Chicken / Fish / or Shrimp bouillon base
- 1 orange Carrot, chopped and cut into flower shapes
- Pickled Radishes
- Cut Nori Shapes or Strips (use cookie cutter or knife to shape nori sheets)
- Fresh, cold Seaweed Salad
- Freshly cooked ramen noodles / soba noodles /somen noodles or even egg noodles
- Shitake Mushrooms
- Silken Tofu Cubes
- Cooked Renkon (lotus root)
Cooking Directions Edit
- Cut carrot into fine slices with knife, then shape the carrot slices into flower-shaped slices with a special flower-shaped veggie cutter.
- Pour water, rice, chicken, flower-shaped carrot slices, and boillion cube into a pot, then turn on medium-high heat. Stir occasionally, until bouillon cube has dissolved. Don’t cover it!
- When pot boils, turn off stove and pour in the tamari sauce and sesame oil, and also pour in the grated orange / lemon zest.
- Top your bowl with desired toppings, like picked radishes, cut nori shapes, and other toppings. Enjoy!
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.