Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Yields: 8 cups
Experience the sweet and tart taste of watermelon lemonade. The shochu adds a slightly nutty flavor to the mixture, thus creating a beverage like no other. (Note: this can also be made without shochu if you prefer a non-alcoholic version).
- 4 cups peeled, seeded, and cubed watermelon
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup shochu, chilled; more to taste
- lemon slices, cut thin for garnish
- watermelon slices, cut thin for garnish
- 4 cups of water
1. Purèe the watermelon in a blender or food processor until smooth.
2. Strain the purèe in a fine sieve. The watermelon should yield about 2 cups of watermelon juice.
3. In a large bowl or pitcher, mix watermelon juice, lemon juice, sugar, shochu, and 4 cups of water until the sugar is dissolved. Refrigerate mixture for at least 2 hours.
4. When ready to serve, add more shochu to taste (optional).
5. Serve over ice. Garnish with a slice of lemon and/or wedge of watermelon. Have fun Drinking :P